- A browser is the software you use to access the internet or word wide web. Not all browsers are created equal. If you are an Apple user you probably use their native browser, Safari. If you are on a Windows computer most people would agree that Google's browser, Chrome is the best. It's(...) Read More
- CRM – An abbreviation for Customer Relation Management, usually in reference to a CRM software that is designed to help businesses automate and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service, and technical support. Read More
- Try to imagine you're going to a party! Fun right!? Well who's "hosting" this party? Without a "host" you can't actually have a party and invite all your guests (website visitors). Common Host names include GoDaddy, Hostgator and WP Engine but if you're not a techie you're probably not(...) Read More
- HTML is short for Hypertext Markup Language. HTML is simply a coding language used to create webpages so if you're not a developer of any kind you do not need to know anymore about this.
- Meta tags are little bits of text that describe a page's content; the meta tags don't appear on the page itself, but only in the page's code. Essentially they are little content descriptors that help tell search engines what a web page is about.
- SEO - is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. This refers to the many different steps you take to optimize your business presence on the web so that Google will consider you worthy of being one of the first service providers listed when a potential customer types(...) Read More
- Acronym for Search Engine Results Pages.
- Simply put, it's a computer system that STANDS ALONE, all by itself with no connection or transfer of data to any other system, most likely your home computer. This is not ideal in a work environment because a team needs to be able to collaborate and that includes sharing files and such. (...) Read More
- TL;DR seems to be a recent addition to internet lingo and all of a sudden it seems to be popping up everywhere online. It stands for “Too Long; Didn’t Read”. When you see this it usually precedes a synopsis or bullet points of a much longer context. You could say that my glossary terms are(...) Read More
- Also known as a web address, URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator. Here are the relevant components of a URL you should know:
- The person who designed your website. If you had like a legit designer (aka NOT yourself) then they most likely created a wireframe of your website that showed all the pages, the flows between them and of course ensuring that your brand including color and fonts all tied in together.
- The person who literally created your website. Usually a web developer and web designer are the same people, but not always.
- It's an "all in one" website creator. It's user interface or UI is created with the non-techie in mind so you can pick and choose colors, images and an overall theme from their collection. Sounds GREAT right? Well, with that comes a lot of limitations BUT let's be honest if you're using a(...) Read More
- Also called search engine optimization (SEO), website optimization is a phrase that describes the procedures used to optimize – or to design from scratch – a website to rank well in search engines. Website optimization includes processes such as adding relevant keyword and phrases on the(...) Read More
- Ethical SEO techniques that employ best practices set forth by the search engine guidelines.